Now it just feels like gloating. My GF is bloating and I am gloating.
Watched Away We Go last night on video, being a huge Allison Janney fan and also really liking that nice young fellow John Krasinski when I saw him in It's Complicated, which I bloody LOVED.
Plus it is a baby-on-the-way film. I noticed they never talked to the baby or engaged with her. The pregnant character was about as pregnant as KT is and not once did they have a conversation interrupted by either "Baby's kicking ohmygod!" or "Baby hasn't kicked in ages, ohmygod!" Good film, but. Melanie Lynskey is in it for a bit -another old fave- and her character is a bit sad and then it is revealed that she had her fifth miscarriage last Thursday. I think a fifth misscarriage would drive me to amateur pole dancing, too. It still touches a real nerve, that story for other folks. It's beautifully dealt with in this movie.
I can't believe at all how far we've come. We changed biological mothers. We changed fathers. Would a natural disaster stop us? I have no steady income and my partnerr is leaving work in nine weeks! Baby on the way! Can't wait! This is the best story ever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Slow panic builds ...
But it is an excellent story.
Would another post kill you?
Post a Comment